Though their purpose is to help you see better, glasses of the right shape, color and shade can accentuate the strong points of your face, draw attention away from the areas you are not comfortable with and make you look more attractive overall. For example, choosing the right glasses for round face shapes can make the face appear longer and thinner by adding lines and angles.
A round face is soft and circular with length and width of equal proportions. With this type of face, the cheeks are usually full and the chin is rounded with no or few angles. Unlike some other face shapes, a round face is usually easy to recognize because it is all about curves.
Celebrity Face Twins
Round Face Shape
Some of today’s most famous round-faced celebrities include Adele, Christina Ricci, Kelly Clarkson and Mila Kunis.
Find the Perfect Pair
The most important thing to keep in mind when choosing glasses for round face shapes is to look for frames that add angles. Here are a few tips to guide you in your search.
- Angular and geometric frames: A rounded face is curvy and lacks the angles of other face shapes. Angular and geometric glasses frames add some sharper, more distinct lines to your face in order to create a balance.
- Rectangular frames: A rectangular style frame is great for round face shapes. The equal width and length of a rounded face can cause it to appear smaller than it actually is. A rectangular frame breaks up the face structure, making it appear longer and thinner.
- Upswept frames: If you have great curvy cheeks, then you should try to draw attention to them and place the focus on your eyes at the same time. A frame that sweeps upward at the temples is perfect for creating this effect.
Not all round faces are the same; some are rounder than others, so you can try other frames of other shapes to suit your particular shape. However, there are certain frames that you should definitely avoid.
- Small and short frames: Glasses with small and short frames are not good for a round face as they accentuate the roundness.
- Round frames: It should go without saying that a rounded glasses frame is not suited for a round face shape! Wearing rounded glasses will add more soft curves to your face and make it appear more circular than it really is.
When it comes to glasses frames, the rounder your face is, the more angular your glasses should be. Browse our selection of angled and rectangular glasses frames to find your perfect match!