Clear glasses frames have been around for many years, but they have just recently gained in popularity. Being colorless or having only very slight tints, they are almost invisible from afar. While many of us choose bold frames in darker colors like black, brown or grey, we are missing out on this funky style. Glasses with clear frames can, in fact, be very cool and trendy and go well with almost any kind of complexion and outfit.
Here are some tips on how to pull off clear glasses frames:
1. Choose the correct shape: Choosing the correct frame shape is important for every kind of glasses. The ideal frame shape is the opposite of the shape of your face. For example, a square, rectangular or angular frame goes well with a round face, and a circular or oval frame is perfect for a square face. If you have an oval face, you are in luck – the oval shape is considered to be one of the easiest to find glasses for because most frames will look great.There are many different face shapes; find which one is yours and buy the correct frame.
2. Wear with clothes of lighter shade: Clothes in dark shades will draw all the attention away from your glasses and make them look invisible. Therefore, wear them with clothes of lighter shades. A light-colored outfit will bring attention to your face and your funky new clear glasses.
3. Wear very light makeup: Heavy makeup and clear glasses frames are a no-go. When you choose to wear your clear glasses, apply lighter makeup to keep the focus on your frames.
4. Choose a large frame: Large frames are back in style and they look especially great with clear glasses. They become more visible and do not hide most of your face as much as large glasses with dark frames. Large frames are also one of the best styles for any type of face shape.
5. Wear them in indoors: Clear glasses frames are not meant to be worn as sunglasses. The frame reflects sunlight and the clear lenses expose your eyes to direct sunlight. Indoor events, on the other hand, are perfect for wearing glasses with clear frames.
The round style
The cat eye style
The wingtip style
If you wear clear frame glasses correctly, there is no reason why you can’t pull off this hot trend. Clear plastic frames are light, modern, and a great way to make a bold glasses fashion statement.